- Real-world data
- North American Model of Wildlife Conservation
- Wildlife science technology (GIS, GPS, population modeling, etc.)
- Aligned with Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core State Standards.
- Tackles controversial issues like delisting grizzly bears, hunting wolves, and polar bear survival in the context of global warming.
- Students use GIS to map home ranges of wild bears, hair snare data to estimate population size, and virtually collect data on wild bears!
Click on a photo above or on one of the links below to review and download a lesson plan today.
- Grizzly Bears: Ready for Delisting?
- Wolves in the Northern Rocky Mountains: Conservation Puzzle
- Polar Bears of Summer
- Bighorn Sheep: On the Edge?
- Asiatic Black Bears: Conservation in Taiwan
- Where Will the Wood Bison Roam?
- The Bear Book Volume II
- The Bear Essentials
- The Bear Book Volume I
Photo copyright: Grizzly bear photo: Shawn Stewart. Photos of other wild animals: Shutterstock